Failure is not an Option: Mission Control from Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond

Failure is not an Option: Mission Control From Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond - Gene Kranz Flight Director Gene Kranz was involved with NASA's Mission Control since 1960 in the early days of the agency during the Mercury Program, and was "Flight" during the first Moon Landing and during Apollo 13--and became famous as a result of the film of that name. The title is taken from a line given Kranz in that film--not one he actually ever spoke, but one he thought conveyed the spirit of Mission Control. I have to admit I'm a space junkie, and you probably should keep that in mind in evaluating my rating and review. I was never bored--indeed I was fascinated, and I thought Kranz conveyed the technical aspects well. What I took away from it was the brilliance and just... well, sheer competence that was displayed by not just Kranz but the whole NASA team. Not something I usually find on display in government, but everyone involved then had a sense bringing a dream to life, a sense of taking part of history--and that may have made all the difference in drawing people of Kranz's quality and keeping up that level of achievement. I certainly was very much engaged by Kranz story of the pioneers of space exploration--or at least the American part.